Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Do you have any suggestions for another title for the story Freak the Mighty?Helppp!!!! I have to submit this thing tomorrow.

Interestingly, my paperback copy of the Rodman Philbrick novel is actually entitled The Mighty rather than its earlier original title of Freak the Mighty. The 1998 film version (starring Sharon Stone as Gwen, Harry Dean Stanton as Grim, Gena Rowlands as Gram, and Kieran Culkin as Kevin/Freak) was also retitled The Mighty. Philbrick's sequel was titled Max the Mighty (1998). My guess is that the word "freak" was considered too politically incorrect to continue its useage. However, I think that is ridiculous since the main character, Kevin, apparently didn't mind being called Freak; and the two-some of Max and Kevin seemed to thrive on their combined Freak the Mighty nom de pleur.


So, what would I call the book? I think the original title (and the two boys' self-given nickname) is one of the book's strengths. I wouldn't change it. But, since you asked, how about "Two Heads are Better Than One."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Discuss at least two characteristics of Romanticism in John Keat's poem "Ode toa Nightingale".

The poet in Ode To A Nightingale  is an escapist .He escapes through imagination .On his way the bower of the bliss wher the nightingale is ...