Wednesday, May 20, 2015

"I did complete my ssc in 2001" Is this sentence correct or not ?

In American English, at least, this sentence is not likely to be correct.  It can only be correct in very limited cases.


One case would be if someone said that you did not complete your ssc in 2001.  In that case, you can use this sentence because you would be emphasizing that you did, indeed, complete it.


Another would be if you are going to then give a sentence with a contrasting message.  "I did complete my ssc in 2001, but then I ..."


If you are just stating this as a fact, however, this is not a correct sentence.  Instead, you should say "I completed my ssc in 2001."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Discuss at least two characteristics of Romanticism in John Keat's poem "Ode toa Nightingale".

The poet in Ode To A Nightingale  is an escapist .He escapes through imagination .On his way the bower of the bliss wher the nightingale is ...