Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Which event is the story’s climax in Lord of the Flies?

I've done a lot of research on this, and have found these to be the promient answers to the climax. I have added my comments in the "**"

1) When Piggy is Killed.  *Maybe.*

2)When Simon encounters the Lord of the Flies, and realizes the beast is not a physical entity, but lies within each boy.  He tries to this knowledge but is killed.  *I take this to mean, in Laymen's terms, when Simon is killed.  Well... based on the definition of "Climax", I don't agree. . . .*

3)When Jack rebels and forms his own tribe. *Seems to be so*

 4) Ralph fights jack.  *Okay. . . .*

Well, it's open for your interpritation.  What I originally thought (before I looked online) was number 3.  Well, a mix of 3 and 2, if that's possible.

 Well, hope that you have your question answered!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Discuss at least two characteristics of Romanticism in John Keat's poem "Ode toa Nightingale".

The poet in Ode To A Nightingale  is an escapist .He escapes through imagination .On his way the bower of the bliss wher the nightingale is ...