Thursday, January 19, 2012

Grade 8 Science and Technology Strand 5: Water Systems Have you ever seen a river before?Science Grade 8

I have lost count of the number of rivers I have seen. Presently, the city I live in has two rivers, Mula and Mutha flowing through it, in which merge into a single river within the city limits. In the past I have lived in cities that were located on Banks of two greatest rivers of India, Ganges (called Ganga locally) and Yamuna.


The first river I distinctly remember having seen is Verupa river, which flows along the town of Cuttak in Orissa state of India. I saw this river about 59 years back when I was 5 years old. And I have crossed this river several times riding in a jeep that drove along a ford built on this river.


I have close association with the river Ganges also. I lived in Kanpur situated along the bank of this river for two years, and grew up there from age 9 to 11. While living in Kanpur, I bathed in Ganges several times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Discuss at least two characteristics of Romanticism in John Keat's poem "Ode toa Nightingale".

The poet in Ode To A Nightingale  is an escapist .He escapes through imagination .On his way the bower of the bliss wher the nightingale is ...